Consider your buyer’s needs when placing, removing or buying furniture. Here are 9 home selling furniture tips to consider:
Home Selling and Staging Tips – Make more money on your home. General home staging tips to scratch the surface of what home sellers should consider doing to their for-sale home. Home Staging is the art of home making and acquires the heart of home buyers.
- If your furniture is worn, torn or outdated, consider covering your chairs and sofas with neutral-colored tasteful slipcovers.
- Bring worn wooden furniture back to life by using Old English® Lemon Oil or Old English® Scratch Cover, which comes in both dark and light finishes and is easy to use.
- Be honest about the condition of your furniture. A hand-me-down sofa or chair from your grandmother won’t necessarily help to show the positive features of a room even if it’s the most comfortable seat in your house.
- Excess furniture should be removed and stored.
- If you don’t have enough furniture to adequately showcase a space, borrow, rent or purchase what you need. Shop secondhand stores for gently used items or find furniture closeouts to fill the space.
- When you showcase each room, try to find a focal point and build your furniture around it.
- Float pieces away from walls to add interest and create conversation areas.
- Use area rugs to define areas, but make sure these rugs are in proper proportion to the furniture and space.
- Determine the purpose of each room in your house, and showcase each room as it was originally designed to be used.
Source by John Anubavam